For Hemato Oncologists, the health of their patients and their families is very important, for this reason, it makes the following recommendations that help them adopt healthy practices that improve health and therefore quality of life.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a healthy lifestyle is when the human being reaches a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and to achieve this he must include activities, behaviors, and routines that strengthen physical activity, improve nutrition and allow a connection between mind and body, leaving aside all feelings of stress.
A healthy habit is born from the interest of the person in wanting to improve his life; Then he begins to include daily exercise, organizes his diet, keeping in mind fruits and vegetables, leaving aside smoking, consumption of alcoholic beverages, managing stress in times of conflict or pressure, among other activities.
Given the above, some recommendations that allow you to start a healthy lifestyle are:
- Adopt a culture of self-care, which includes daily exercise, a balanced diet containing fruits, vegetables, and water consumption.
- Control risk factors such as obesity, which is the cause of almost all the diseases that humans currently suffer from.
- Take time to rest, relax, meditate or simply sleep, which allows generating a space to pamper the body and work the mind, establishing a connection between these two factors.
- Establish a sense of life, which includes objectives, long and short-term goals, and that are a motor when starting a new day.
- Improve self-esteem and self-esteem, being positive, taking time to pamper and congratulate each other when they feel it is necessary.
- Take time to read a book, which allows you to enrich your vocabulary, improve your spelling and, above all, learn new ways of thinking that will open your mind.
- Take vacations to travel and meet new people who expand your concept of the world.
And there are more recommendations that the person can find by browsing the internet, visiting their trusted doctor, or simply consulting their friends, family, or co-workers.
The important thing is to have the attitude and commitment to take the first step and start a process of change that starts from the inside out.
Remember that great experts affirm that cancer can be prevented and even cured when a healthy lifestyle is adopted that allows a healthy and positive connection between body and mind.